Admin

Discussion Forum 2 Empty Discussion Forum 2

Post  Admin on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 7:44 am

Great work for discussion forum 1. For our next article:

Overcoming the Limitations of Learning Objects
    -Moreno, Kriselda
    -Orosa, Gary
    -Mariano, Cristina

Same guidelines apply. Forum closes by 6AM August 15.

Jesson
    Kriselda Anne Moreno

Discussion Forum 2 Empty Re: Discussion Forum 2

Post  Kriselda Anne Moreno on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 5:44 pm

Before we begin any meaningful discussion on our topic “Overcoming the Limitations of Learning Objects” we ask for everyone’s indulgence as the topic assigned to us was very difficult to understand for us. Admittedly, we are not as intellectually equipped as the executive class for we still have considerable difficulties coping up with the demands compared to our regular class, so if there will be any inaccuracies, we stand corrected and beg for your indulgence. After all, learning starts with the humility and admittance that we need to learn.

A learning object is a resource, usually digital and web-based, that can be used and re-used to support learning. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) defines a learning object as "any entity, digital or non-digital, that may be used for learning, education or training". Wiley describes a learning object as "any digital resource that can be reused to support learning".

Beck suggests that learning objects have the following key characteristics:

· Learning objects are a new way of thinking about learning content. Traditionally, content comes in a several hour chunk. Learning objects are much smaller units of learning, typically ranging from 2 minutes to 15 minutes.

· Are self-contained – each learning object can be taken independently

· Are reusable – a single learning object may be used in multiple contexts for multiple purposes

· Can be aggregated – learning objects can be grouped into larger collections of content, including traditional course structures

· Are tagged with metadata – every learning object has descriptive information allowing it to be easily found by a search

There are problems that face educators using learning objects for instructional purposes.

1. Decontextualized Learning – If decontextualized learning objects are to be developed and deployed, a way of reintroducing context must be utilized.

2. Megaphone not Mediator – Only by being part of action do meditational means come into being and play their role.

3. Scaling through automation – If good content were enough to support learning and human interaction were unnecessary, libraries would have never evolved into universities.

4. Databanking Education is seen as being oppressive when learners are presented one worldview without the opportunity to experience alternatives, hear stories of others or ask questions.

5. Specialty Designed for Reusability - It seems desirable to develop a method of learning object utilization that could reuse existing material as it is.

6. Reusability Paradox – Humans may have to assemble learning objects by hand for all but the most rudimentary instructional content.

7. Intellectual Property Pit – Publisher’s fear of file-sharing networks will likely prevent the publication industry from making or marketing digitalized versions of its content. (Books, etc.)

Problem based application of the learning objectives is a more acceptable way to explore the problem solving abilities of learners. The O2 (project based model) is an approach to address the issues presented. Suggested solutions such as motivating the students practice and how to apply the skills taught in the learning objectives are met where easy reusability of the context are encouraged and is easily done. Lessons were worked on by students through genetic HTML containers, descriptions of the project task that is designed to meet their individual needs. Opening the resources on the public has been an important tool in delivering the bare education values among students, books are free, content free and is open up to the world but doesn’t sell out the core values of education.

Learning objects are increasingly seen as key to a technology-based revolution in education and training — even to an emerging global knowledge economy. (Longmire, 2005) Reusing this technology-based object and the exchange of learning content is the vision of the learning objects. The idea is attractive to educators because of an implicit promise that they somehow facilitate or incorporate the notion of learning. The vision of easily accessible learning objects through digital technology makes it appealing.

It's important to recognize that reusability implies more than one-time access, so learning object technology implicitly entails some form of knowledge- or document-management, and therefore some kind of consistent indexing scheme. In order to facilitate re-usability, learning objects must be designed as the smallest logical unit of instruction.

Longmire, 2005. A Primer on Learning Objectives. Retrieved August 14, 2008 from http://www.learningcircuits.org/mar2000/primer.html

As a guide for our discussion, we aim to look for the answers to the following questions:

1. We all know the advantages of Learning Objects as being accessible and being readily available as well as being simply just a key stoke away to almost everyone who has a digital device. However there are disadvantages. Enumerate these disadvantages explain how these concerns should be addressed.

2. As our online classes are also considered as learning objects based on the definition “any digital resource that can be reused to support learning”; discuss and evaluate your perceptions on the online classes we are having at our Masteral Course in UERM. Describe its strengths, how effective it is for you, its weaknesses, and suggest ways on how to improve it.

3. How does the O2 overcome certain limitations of the traditional approaches to learning objects? Focus on the strengths and weaknesses of the suggestions involved.

4. What reliable and objective tool can be used to determine if the learner did indeed learn from the learning object?

Your classmates:

-Mariano, Cristina Smile

- Moreno , Kriselda Very Happy

-Orosa, Gary Cool
    Divinia Joy Tuzon

Post  Divinia Joy Tuzon on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 7:57 pm

Overcoming the Limitations of Learning Objects

My apology for making a quite lengthy discussion of what I've just learned. I hope it won’t cause boredom to anyone. I have to understand first what learning objects really mean. The positive aspect of reading educational articles is that it makes you want to read and research more. The study used the definition given by Wiley and Edwards, learning object is any digital resource which can be reused to mediate learning. But let me briefly share what I just learned which our moderators apparently also have found out. The IEEE Learning Technology Standards Committee (2002) defines learning object as “(A)ny entity, digital or non-digital, that may be used for learning, education or training.”

From my own understanding, the main idea of utilizing learning objects is to break educational content down into small chunks that can be reused in various learning environments. I find the idea of learning objects to be beneficial as an educational tool. However, it has limitations too which was addressed in the study as explained by the moderators. Its main disadvantage knowing that it is a digital resource is that it may possibly lead to an isolation-approach. Although its utilization can lead to a collection of quantity and even quality contents, it is still not enough to facilitate learning. Allow me to stress what made an impact to me from the study, “If good content were enough to support learning and human interaction were unnecessary, libraries would never have evolved into universities.” As an avid user of libraries since I was in grade school, I really find books to be very helpful whenever I study or research on any topic. I took advantage of it most especially when I entered the nursing world. And until now, some of my classmates might agree that I never ran out of books to borrow in our UERM library. Josephy Brodsky says, “There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.” Reading and going to libraries would not only give the facts we need to learn but more importantly, it also teaches us the value of patience and resourcefulness. This is also applicable for those who have limited or no means at all to use the internet. However, it is sad to admit that nowadays, students rely more on the digital resources we have. It only brings us back to the importance of the role of the educators in motivating and molding their students.

The O2 model tried to address the limitations of learning objects. Learning objects were selected and made available to the students by course designers in order to support the accomplishment of project tasks and goals. Also because the learning objects used in the O2 model are highly decontextualized, it is not only easily reusable to support different projects in different courses moreover, it provides the learners motivation for studying. In relation to our MSN/MAN course, although at first I had difficulty coping up with our online classes (I even thought it was impossible to carry out), I now appreciate its purpose and surprisingly, I realize that YES it really teaches us certain values. Not only are we motivated to learn and participate in the forums we have, it also teaches us the importance of collaboration and cooperative learning. With the previous subjects we have already taken, I can say that the Executive program in particular provides its students immediate opportunities to practice the knowledge and skills they’ve learned from the formal classes and apply it to their online classes after.

IEEE Learning Technology Standards Committee (LTSC). (2002). Draft Standard for Learning Object Metadata. Retrieved August 14, 2008 from http://ltsc.ieee.org/wg12/files/LOM_1484_12_1_v1_Final_Draft.pdf
    evancarlo

Discussion Forum 2 Empty Learning Objective

Post  evancarlo on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 9:30 pm

Let me start with the quotation made by Wertsch (1991), "Only by being part of the action do mediational means come into being and play their role. They have no magical power on and of themselves".

The way i understand in the article given is that learning object is a resource that can be reused to further enhanced and mediate learning. It also serves as a tool and guidance to direct the learners to be more effective and efficient and to acquire the motivation for learning. Any digital, or non - digital form of information may be used for training and learning as defined by The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).

The article cited several limitations and disadvantages wherein it plays a big role for the learner to reuse the same information or material with the same content and preserving its value. It emphasizes on the the importance of collaboration and cooperative learning - which are the raised solution to the issues addressed. I find the learning object as a very beneficial tool for us educators. It is by breaking down or simplifying them into small content to which we can utilize easily and can be adoopt to various environments while upholding its value. However, to utilize the learning object and to facilitate learning, collection of quality content is not sufficient, it needs to be congruence with human interaction to support learning.

In relation to the executive track, i ifnd it difficult to absorb all of the information at once but i ifnd it very interesting because i was able to challenge myself to exert more effort and motivate myself more to learn. Not only i and we can gain a lot of experience from this, it teaches us on our values and belief in life, to be more patient and be resourceful. It molds us to be an effective and efficient in the future by collaborating with our own colleagues. Indeed, in the MSN/MAN executive program, we are all equal, though we have our own specialty's on our fileds but in terms of learning, we are all equal and at the same time, influencing each other to learn more. From what i understood from the learning objects perspective, through combination or sequencing of educational resources, it creates a context in which we absorb each other's meanings and provide opportunities to practice the knowledge and skills that we gained from the executive program.

The O2 model did not only addressed the issues but provided solutions and opportunity for improvement to further facilitate learning. In order to support the accomplished projects of task and goals of the O2 model, it was influenced by other models that describes the relationships and the components of learning objects from the definition of wiley and edwards (2002), that learning object is any digital resource that can ve reused to mediate learning. In other words, in the O2 model, learning object acts only as mediators. Some advantages of learning object is that it teaches only one topic, though it may violate the designs for reuse, it is centered on the solution of problems to gain the ability to complete intermediate milestones.

As we can see, in the new era of education, learning objects are a mediator for a technology base source of information that library is now becoming obsolete. sad to say but the students see it as a more reliable and accurate source of information. But we need to go back to the traditional methods where we can assess ourself to be more effective educator in a way we can influence our students to learn more.
    Kriselda Manzano

Post  Kriselda Manzano on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 10:46 pm

The way I understand it, learning objects are created to make learning easier but it is inevitable for the face educators to encounter problems using them. The good side of utilizing learning object is, it facilitates breakdown of the teaching content into smaller units, self-contained, and most of the time can be re-used.

I found myself wanting more to read about the “learning objects” so I did extra reading using the net. I found lots of sites and interactive means to understand it fully. After several minutes I realized that I am using the “learning objects” to meet my cravings for knowledge!

On the contrary, I know that facing the computer for hours will not suffice learning, thus a good interaction will augment and foster better knowledge. That is the reason why our online class was created, for us to communicate and interact.

Josh

Discussion Forum 2 Empty overcoming the limitations of learning objects

Post  Josh on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:17 pm

Gone are the days of scarcity of books and educational materials and now is the moment where knowledge is encapsulated.

If learning objects is to be construed as, content objects, strategy objects….content chunks or information containers readily available one click away, then what kind of knowledge content does it bear? Does it address quality education? Are ethical standards and values being embedded in the learning objects? What competencies of students does it aim to acquire? If automation aims to provide logical topic sequencing, does it discard the need of classroom lecturer?

My ignorance to the real issue or meaning and purpose of the articles limit me to comment further. My apology
    Josh

Post  Josh on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:22 pm

If to facilitate learning is the objective, is the quality of education being preserved? Does it aim to address all types of learner or different capabilities and learning styles of students were considered?

Kriselda Manzano wrote:The way I understand it, learning objects are created to make learning easier but it is inevitable for the face educators to encounter problems using them. The good side of utilizing learning object is, it facilitates breakdown of the teaching content into smaller units, self-contained, and most of the time can be re-used.

I found myself wanting more to read about the “learning objects” so I did extra reading using the net. I found lots of sites and interactive means to understand it fully. After several minutes I realized that I am using the “learning objects” to meet my cravings for knowledge!

On the contrary, I know that facing the computer for hours will not suffice learning, thus a good interaction will augment and foster better knowledge. That is the reason why our online class was created, for us to communicate and interact.

Divinia Joy Tuzon

Post  Divinia Joy Tuzon on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:25 pm

Hello Kriselda! Truly, no matter how many sites and articles we try to read about a particular subject matter, it will not suffice a comprehensive learning. Hence, cooperative and interactive learning such as the approach we are using in our class will lead to a higher individual and group achievement. It also provides us with more new ideas and even solutions to existing problems. In addition, I’ve read from the Encyclopedia of Educational Technology that compared to individual or competitive work, students working in cooperative groups tend to be more intrinsically motivated, intellectually curious, caring of others, and psychologically healthy.

Baylon, C. (2005). Cooperative learning. In B. Hoffman (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Educational Technology. Retrieved August 14, 2008, from http://coe.sdsu.edu/eet/articles/coopgroups/start.htm

Kriselda Manzano wrote:I found myself wanting more to read about the “learning objects” so I did extra reading using the net. I found lots of sites and interactive means to understand it fully. After several minutes I realized that I am using the “learning objects” to meet my cravings for knowledge!

Cristina Mariano

Post  Cristina Mariano on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:34 pm

It is indeed true that automated materials and the electronic medias are easy to access and is convenient for readers. However, the substantial risk of these is the quality of texts that we get and utilize from the internet that we have to evaluate. Going to libraries and doing the traditional reading of books, journals and other materials will be the best tool to utilize combined with the e-banks of sources in the internet.

This clearly depicts the timely utilization of technology in planning the learning objectives of the study. We should be aware to combat the issues along with the traditional style of putting the context of learning object into usage. Since scoping may be done to address and limit the study into 1 topic, it paves the way for students learn to practice and apply their learnings into actual practice.

Reusing materials is one way to keep important aspects of the literatures intact in a way that it should not be too tiring for the instructors. Knowing how to design and put correct variables of a context into the learning object is critical because misplaced variables may affect the understanding of the entire learnings presented which may lead to the so-called “Sixth sense” where students end up thinking they learn something which is totally not there.

The principles of the education system and its core should be preserved in a manner that it is not being given away. Open course projects bare valuable education but not the core values itself. The world is such an immense place where hybrids of sorts of learners live in and with enriching styles and approaches to tickle their learning is of a great challenge to the instructor with the use of the learning objectives.
    silva731

Discussion Forum 2 Empty Overcoming limitations: lEarning objects

Post  silva731 on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:36 pm

A learning object is "any digital resource that can be reused to support learning" (wiley, 2004).The main idea of 'learning objects' is to break educational content down into small chunks that can be reused in various learning environments, in the spirit of object-oriented programming.The only problem being encountered in using learning object is decontextualization.

This paper taught me that being an educator we should learn on how to overcome the limitations of learning objects in order to facilitate learning. I also learned the different issues facing learning objects in which we should be knowledgeable of.

I will always remember this context which tells that the less specific the the internal context of the learning object, the more instructional concept it will fit and vice versa. But is we remove as much contex from the learning object can be problematic becuase it will lose the meaningful context of learning.

Having a content is not the only aspect as we use learning objects, cooperative learning and interaction is very important. Eventhough learning object are used commonly in the world wide web, interplay among learners is still important to facilitate proper learning.
    Another problem that should be taken into consideration is that learning objects should not only be a communication with the learner and the material to be studied, discourse and dialogue between learners should be considered also.

I thinnk just like in our forum we arer using the learning objects properly, because first we interact with the material that we should read and then have a dialogue with our classmates using this forum. Through this we are learning alot and information is varied. Through this learning object we discuss things one at a time for us to prevent decontextualization.
    silva731

Post  silva731 on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:41 pm

Josh wrote:Gone are the days of scarcity of books and educational materials and now is the moment where knowledge is encapsulated.

If learning objects is to be construed as, content objects, strategy objects….content chunks or information containers readily available one click away, then what kind of knowledge content does it bear? Does it address quality education? Are ethical standards and values being embedded in the learning objects? What competencies of students does it aim to acquire? If automation aims to provide logical topic sequencing, does it discard the need of classroom lecturer?

My ignorance to the real issue or meaning and purpose of the articles limit me to comment further. My apology

Well I think that it is on how the learning object is utilized, the material had stated its limitations, thus, making us aware to compensate with the limitation. eventhough it could provide a logical topic sequencing we do still need to have a dialogue online to further facilitate learning.
    evancarlo

Post  evancarlo on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:41 pm

Yes, the main objective of the learning object is to facilitate learning. But by doing so, it needs to be influential to the students, for them to be more motivated. Quality of education is one issue that needs to be conveyed. Reusing such information or materials may endanger the quality of the content through the web based system.but as an educator, for me, is to uphold the values of each learning object. Its only act as a mediator to facilitate learning. I beleived we can consider each students learning style through the learning object by collaboration and cooperative learning.

Josh wrote:If to facilitate learning is the objective, is the quality of education being preserved? Does it aim to address all types of learner or different capabilities and learning styles of students were considered?

Kriselda Manzano wrote:The way I understand it, learning objects are created to make learning easier but it is inevitable for the face educators to encounter problems using them. The good side of utilizing learning object is, it facilitates breakdown of the teaching content into smaller units, self-contained, and most of the time can be re-used.

Kriselda Anne Moreno

Post  Kriselda Anne Moreno on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:43 pm

As defined, learning object is a resource that is readily available, and can be used and re-used to support learning. It doesn’t necessarily have to bear the entire information. As I understand it, a learning object is basically a “summary” or “keywords” of information. You still have to do extensive reading and research, maybe the traditional way, if you want to obtain a more comprehensive work.

Josh wrote:Gone are the days of scarcity of books and educational materials and now is the moment where knowledge is encapsulated.

Josh

Post  Josh on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:45 pm

students are like sheep, who needs a shepherd to lead its way to the meadows and the shepherd is the guiding light when the sheep will be gone astray.
    No matter how rich accesible knowledge we get from web-based learning center, we still need each other to enrich what we learn and we also need a teacher who will lead us to the right direction when time comes knowledge seem to be in the dark

Divinia Joy Tuzon wrote:Hello Kriselda! Truly, no matter how many sites and articles we try to read about a particular subject matter, it will not suffice a comprehensive learning. Hence, cooperative and interactive learning such as the approach we are using in our class will lead to a higher individual and group achievement. It also provides us with more new ideas and even solutions to existing problems. In addition, I’ve read from the Encyclopedia of Educational Technology that compared to individual or competitive work, students working in cooperative groups tend to be more intrinsically motivated, intellectually curious, caring of others, and psychologically healthy.

Baylon, C. (2005). Cooperative learning. In B. Hoffman (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Educational Technology. Retrieved August 14, 2008, from http://coe.sdsu.edu/eet/articles/coopgroups/start.htm

Kriselda Manzano wrote:I found myself wanting more to read about the “learning objects” so I did extra reading using the net. I found lots of sites and interactive means to understand it fully. After several minutes I realized that I am using the “learning objects” to meet my cravings for knowledge!

Cristina Mariano

Post  Cristina Mariano on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:46 pm

admitedly the article assigned to us was quite technical and complex in the choice of the author's words. but if you noticed 3 out of the 4 guide questions, you need not read the article as the questions we posed are analytical and based on experience. it is therefore your prerogative whether or not any of you want to reply. --- MODERATORS Smile

Last edited by Cristina Mariano on Fri 15 Aug 2008, 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    silva731

Post  silva731 on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:49 pm

Kriselda Anne Moreno wrote:As defined, learning object is a resource that is readily available, and can be used and re-used to support learning. It doesn’t necessarily have to bear the entire information. As I understand it, a learning object is basically a “summary” or “keywords” of information. You still have to do extensive reading and research, maybe the traditional way, if you want to obtain a more comprehensive work.

I think I agree with miss moreno but let us also think that the less specific the internal context of the learning object, the more instructional context it would fit in. So reusability of the learning object depends on the on the speficity of the internal context. am i right?
    silva731

Post  silva731 on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:51 pm

Cristina Mariano wrote:admitedly the article assigned to us was quite technical and complex in the choice of the author's words. but if you noticed 3 out of the 4 guide questions, you need not read the article as the questions we posed are analytical and based on experience. it is therefore your prerogative whether or not any of you want to reply.

technicality of the material is already given, but what is important is on what we have conceptualized. as we are instructed to do so, all we have to say is what we have thought of the material using other learning objects that may have help us conceptualized something.
    silva731

Post  silva731 on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:52 pm

Josh wrote:students are like sheep, who needs a shepherd to lead its way to the meadows and the shepherd is the guiding light when the sheep will be gone astray.
    No matter how rich accesible knowledge we get from web-based learning center, we still need each other to enrich what we learn and we also need a teacher who will lead us to the right direction when time comes knowledge seem to be in the dark

Divinia Joy Tuzon wrote:Hello Kriselda! Truly, no matter how many sites and articles we try to read about a particular subject matter, it will not suffice a comprehensive learning. Hence, cooperative and interactive learning such as the approach we are using in our class will lead to a higher individual and group achievement. It also provides us with more new ideas and even solutions to existing problems. In addition, I’ve read from the Encyclopedia of Educational Technology that compared to individual or competitive work, students working in cooperative groups tend to be more intrinsically motivated, intellectually curious, caring of others, and psychologically healthy.

+ 1
    Kriselda Anne Moreno

Post  Kriselda Anne Moreno on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:52 pm

Learner objects, being a solution and for ease, has its limitations. One, I may say, is that it doesn't apply the learner centered approach, therefore it doesn't aim to address all types of learners, different styles, or capabilities. Quality of education may not be preserved as well. The main aim of learner objects is to be easily accesible and ready in digital, using technology, to facilitate ease.

Josh wrote:If to facilitate learning is the objective, is the quality of education being preserved? Does it aim to address all types of learner or different capabilities and learning styles of students were considered?

Josh

Post  Josh on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:53 pm

Hi cristina, that was very well said. the reason why i am afraid utilization of learning objects may endanger real value of acquiring knowledge. Ethico-moral aspect, quallity and integrity of knowledge should be uphold, which, in learning objects may be lost while in the process of encapsulating the knowledge.
    Cristina Mariano wrote:It is indeed true that automated materials and the electronic medias are easy to access and is convenient for readers. However, the substantial risk of these is the quality of texts that we get and utilize from the internet that we have to evaluate. Going to libraries and doing the traditional reading of books, journals and other materials will be the best tool to utilize combined with the e-banks of sources in the internet.

This clearly depicts the timely utilization of technology in planning the learning objectives of the study. We should be aware to combat the issues along with the traditional style of putting the context of learning object into usage. Since scoping may be done to address and limit the study into 1 topic, it paves the way for students learn to practice and apply their learnings into actual practice.

Reusing materials is one way to keep important aspects of the literatures intact in a way that it should not be too tiring for the instructors. Knowing how to design and put correct variables of a context into the learning object is critical because misplaced variables may affect the understanding of the entire learnings presented which may lead to the so-called “Sixth sense” where students end up thinking they learn something which is totally not there.

The principles of the education system and its core should be preserved in a manner that it is not being given away. Open course projects bare valuable education but not the core values itself. The world is such an immense place where hybrids of sorts of learners live in and with enriching styles and approaches to tickle their learning is of a great challenge to the instructor with the use of the learning objectives.
    Josh

Post  Josh on Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:57 pm

It is not my intention not to reply or conceptualize, the reson why i started aasking questions is to stimulate my mind and maybe others to dig deeper into the issue.
    silva731 wrote:
    Cristina Mariano wrote:admitedly the article assigned to us was quite technical and complex in the choice of the author's words. but if you noticed 3 out of the 4 guide questions, you need not read the article as the questions we posed are analytical and based on experience. it is therefore your prerogative whether or not any of you want to reply.

technicality of the material is already given, but what is important is on what we have conceptualized. as we are instructed to do so, all we have to say is what we have thought of the material using other learning objects that may have help us conceptualized something.
    Cristina Mariano

Post  Cristina Mariano on Fri 15 Aug 2008, 12:03 am

Hello josh! In as much as I am trying to analyze and ponder on the questions raised, I guess it is on the instructors manner of trimming down the context and really thinking of what point or issues to include will definately guide him to what to put in and out of the context. Scoping it into one topic will enable students learn and analyze and apply the concepts and at the same time reinforce learning as they encounter problem based scenarios from the learnings they have derived in the process.. Smile

Josh wrote:Hi cristina, that was very well said. the reason why i am afraid utilization of learning objects may endanger real value of acquiring knowledge. Ethico-moral aspect, quallity and integrity of knowledge should be uphold, which, in learning objects may be lost while in the process of encapsulating the knowledge.
    Cristina Mariano wrote:It is indeed true that automated materials and the electronic medias are easy to access and is convenient for readers. However, the substantial risk of these is the quality of texts that we get and utilize from the internet that we have to evaluate. Going to libraries and doing the traditional reading of books, journals and other materials will be the best tool to utilize combined with the e-banks of sources in the internet.

silva731

Post  silva731 on Fri 15 Aug 2008, 12:07 am

Josh wrote:It is not my intention not to reply or conceptualize, the reson why i started aasking questions is to stimulate my mind and maybe others to dig deeper into the issue.
    silva731 wrote:

i agree with that, i also tried to reply with your first query. for us to go deeper to this article.
    Kriselda Manzano

Post  Kriselda Manzano on Fri 15 Aug 2008, 12:10 am

Josh,

As i understand the article, the reason why learning objects are utilized is breakdown the teaching content into smaller unit thus making learning a bit easier.

Like what I’ve said earlier, a good learning must be in the form of interaction to foster better knowledge. Communication is a good vehicle for this. Excellent education will be preserved if human interaction sets in.

Not all types of learners can utilize the learning objects specially the young. That is where the role of the teacher as the facilitator takes place.

Josh

Post  Josh on Fri 15 Aug 2008, 12:19 am

Very well said krissy. the reason why we, as educators/facilitators should be cautious and always uphold what knowledge and where to get the knowledge we facilitate to our students.
    Kriselda Manzano wrote:Josh,

As i understand the article, the reason why learning objects are utilized is breakdown the teaching content into smaller unit thus making learning a bit easier.

Like what I’ve said earlier, a good learning must be in the form of interaction to foster better knowledge. Communication is a good vehicle for this. Excellent education will be preserved if human interaction sets in.

Not all types of learners can utilize the learning objects specially the young. That is where the role of the teacher as the facilitator takes place.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 20 Nov 2019, 3:47 am